Twisted Roots Farm
Community Supported Agriculture – CSA Program 2021
Our CSA is Full for the Season!
Thank you for all the support that we have received for the CSA program. We will offer shorter CSA’s once the summer season has started and growing is well underway. We will also have more and more fresh produce available at our farm stand, open daily except Wednesdays from 8 am to 8 pm.
What is a CSA you ask?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a system in which members of a community invest in their local farm by paying for a share of the season’s harvest in the spring. A farmer therefore receives much needed revenue in the beginning of the season when it is most needed and customers get a share of fresh healthy vegetables each week of the season, usually worth their investment price plus a percentage extra as a benefit of prepayment. This method provides stable demand and income for the farmer while striving to produce fresh healthy food with minimal packaging and transport.
- Receive a weekly bin of fresh, healthy, chemical-free produce directly from the farm
- 10% discount on produce
- Meet your farmer – that’s us!
- Farm tours
- Be involved in the creation of your food
- Our transparent growing practices always allow you to know what is in and on the food you are eating
- Receive a weekly newsletter containing news of the farm
- Weekly recipe ideas
- Upfront resources to purchase seeds, supplies, and labour required for the farm
- On-going relationship between farmer and CSA member
- All revenue goes directly to the farmer
- Truly supporting a localized food system and contributing to food security in our community
Your investment in our CSA is far more than a short-term exchange for food; it is a long-term investment that will keep a small farm like ours in business/production for many, many years to come. Your support will grow our local economy as well as continue to provide incredible opportunities for young folks to come to our farm to learn the value of food, hard work, and community.
How the program works:
As a member, you receive a bin of farm fresh, hand-picked veggies each week. Members can choose from a full share or a half share for a 20 week period.
- Full Share: $500 for the season: $25.00 / week for 20 weeks (Feeds 2-4 people and includes 8-10 items per bin)
- Half Share: $250 for the season: $12.50 / week for 20 weeks (Feeds 1-2 people and includes 8-10 items per bin)
The CSA program runs from June 7th to October 18th, 2021
As a part of our CSA here at Twisted Roots Farm, we will also be partnering with other local growers and producers to provide our customers with a variety of items. We believe in collaboration and acknowledge that certain farms grow certain crops with excellent results. Such items could include maple syrup, honey, whole grains, dried beans, and chicken.
Why try and grow everything ourselves when we can come together to support other local farmers to grow what works well at their farm!
As a farm, we will also have additional items available that will not be included in your weekly bin, but when in-season, can be added to your share for an additional cost. Such items could include our farm fresh eggs, pork products, dried teas, and flowers.
We feel very excited to be able to provide such an array of options for our customers and to highlight other incredibly dedicated growers and producers in our region!
Growing Healthy Food and Supporting Our Local Community